Wow. Happy 2011 everyone! It really feels like I was just celebrating 2010. Where does time go? I have to admit, I have mixed feelings when it comes to New Years. The whole “New Years Resolution” thing has never made much sense to me, and I have honestly never made one. This year is a little different though. I really want to work on being a better, kinder and less selfish person. I don’t really feel like that is a “resolution” per se, but it is something that I am going to strive toward. It is so easy to become selfish in this world, and I have to admit that I am guilty as charged. My goal is to become more aware of when I am being selfish, and try to change it.
Let’s reflect on 2010, shall we? There are some things that I am not ready to talk about on the blog, but let’s just say 2010 has been life changing. As quickly as it passed by, I can quite honestly say that I am not the same girl as I was one year ago. So many wonderful, amazing things have happened in 2010:
- I finished another year of graduate school, and truly fell in love with Audiology in the process;
- I had some amazing off campus placements for school and in the process met some great people;
- I gained one of my best friends and said good bye to her as well as she moved to Rochester, NY (don’t worry, I know I will see her again soon, she is one of the most inspirational people I know);
- I spent a week in the Beautiful state of Colorado and met up with my best friend Jenn;
- I had my friendship grow with Jenn too and realized how thankful I am to have her in my life (Okay, maybe this didn’t happen in 2010, but our friendship is stronger now!)
- I met one of my very best friends, Brooke, who is constantly inspiring to me on a daily basis, my life will never be the same;
- I fell in love
- I had my heart broken, but in the process realized that everything truly happens for a reason, and there was a reason for that heart break.
- I became closer to God.
- I realized that life is very unpredictable and one must live in the moment instead of fretting about the future
- I started to truly feel happy with myself and with my life.
- I started smiling and laughing more
- I became a better person
- I gained at least 15 pounds, but it was 15 healthy pounds, and I feel a million times better
- I fell in love with the states of Colorado and Arizona
- I secured a fourth year externship placement for graduate school
- I realized more than ever how important friends and family are to me
- I became even closer to my best friend in the entire world, my mom.
- I realize right now that I am talking about myself a lot, dang this selfishness….
- AND many, many, many more things….
2010 really was an amazing year. I definitely had my fair share of trials, but nothing that I can’t handle, and they made me a better and stronger person.
2011 is going to be a big year of change for me. I am so ready and excited for the change, but also realize that in the process I am going to go through some difficult times, but the difficult times will once again make me stronger. Some amazing things are going to happen in 2011. I already know it, and I really can’t wait! Life is such a journey, but I couldn’t be more thankful for it.
Thanks for reading! What are your 2011 goals? What were some of your 2010 highlights?